Parent Brain is a sub company run by Rob Lambert, under the banner Cultivated Management LTD. On this page you will find Cultivated Management’s Legal Policy:
- The term ‘Cultivated Management’ or ‘Parent Brain’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is C/O Winchester Bourne Ltd, Sullivan Court, Wessex Way, Colden Common, Winchester, England, SO21 1WP.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general and educational information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither Cultivated Management nor any third parties can provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Any advice, coaching or training that might be given on this website is based on the opinion of the author’s own experience and knowledge. Readers are advised to do their own due diligence when it comes to making business decisions. All information, products, services that are provided should be independently verified by yourself or your own qualified advisers. By reading this you agree that Cultivated Management is not responsible for the success or failure of your business decisions relating to any information presented on this website. Your use of any information on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website includes links to other websites, which are provided for your convenience to give you further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of linked website(s). Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws in England.
- Please understand that there are some links contained on this website from which Cultivated Management benefit financially. For more information see our Disclosure Policy below.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
What Information We Collect
When someone visits www.parentbrain.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. Please see Google’s Privacy and Compliance policies for more information.
We have configured Google to maintain this data for 14 months after which it will be deleted.
We use a self hosted WordPress installation to run the Parent Brain website, blog and microsites.
We host on TSOHost. TSOHost collects standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
We use a third party provider, Hootsuite to manage our social media interactions.
If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored by Hootsuite. It will not be shared with any other organisations.
Button down mailing list
People who email
We use Google Mail for email to send, receive, encrypt and protect email traffic in line with Google’s standard recommendations. If your email service does not support secure connections, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
We also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
We use strong passwords and two-factor authentication for email.
People who use Cultivated Management’s and Parent Brain Services
Cultivated Management offers various services to businesses and the general public. We use a third party to handle some online courses and booking events, but they are only allowed to use the information to send out the course details or event timings.
We have to hold the details of the people who have requested the service in order to provide it.
However, we only use these details to provide the service the person has requested. We will never add you to a mailing list or share your details with anyone else. We may occasionally follow up with surveys to assess our services and your experience of them. You can easily unsubscribe from these updates.
We collect the following information from our newsletter subscriptions, webinars and training events:
- your name and business name
- contact details including email address, full address, postcode, country
The tools we use for this currently are Eventbrite.
Security and performance
This Parent Brain website uses a third party WordPress plugin to help maintain the security and performance of the website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to the Parent Brain website.
How long we keep your data
What we do with your data
Under the General Data Regulation, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
You can read more about these rights here – https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/
Cultivated Management attempts to provide the very best standards when collecting and using personal information. As such, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously.
This privacy notice is clear, succinct and does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Cultivated Management’s collection and use of personal information.
We are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below.
C/O Winchester Bourne Ltd,
Access to personal information
Cultivated Management tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing addressing it to:
C/O Winchester Bourne Ltd,
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information over the telephone.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites.
Once you leave our site, you should note that Cultivated Management does not have any control over these other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement for the website in question.
Confidentiality & Security of Personally Identifiable Information
Because the Internet is not a 100% secure environment we cannot guarantee the security of Personally Identifiable Information, and there is some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security systems or that transmission of your information over the Internet will be intercepted. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that e-mails communications are typically not encrypted and should not be considered secure.
We use two factor authentication where possible for online services.
Our hard drives are encrypted and antivirus services are in use. Laptops, phones and desktops have password protected access.
When accessing your data a VPN is used to ensure a higher level of security.
All devices are password protected using long, unintelligible passwords that are not repeated with other sites.
Our team undergoes regular security training.
No Information from Children Under 13
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review.
This policy was last reviewed on 04 May 2018.
How to contact us
Information Governance department
C/O Winchester Bourne Ltd,
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used the most by our readers. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to what our readers need and want. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you as a group find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
This policy is valid from 4th May 2018
This blog is a personal and business blog written, curated, edited and owned by me, Rob Lambert. I am being honest and transparent and am happy to disclose that we include some affiliate links in our posts and newsletter that will earn a commission for Parent Brain. There is no extra cost for you.
All book recommendations include links to Amazon UK via their Affiliate Marketing Scheme, which offers a small 4% commission if you purchase within 24 hours of using the link.
We will always advise you before sharing content that may be affiliated or promotional.
Any recommendations we make are entirely based on our own experience of those products or services. We will only recommend helpful and trustworthy sources of information, not because of the commission we may earn from you using these products.
Please don’t spend money unless it will help you learn, develop and grow as an individual or organisation.
This blog does not accept any form of advertising, sponsorship, or paid insertions. We write for our own purposes. However, we may be influenced by our background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. I am not paid to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.
For questions about this blog, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
The copyright in the design of this website/blog is © Cultivated Management / Rob Lambert
Images are taken by Rob Lambert unless noted otherwise.
Content on the website
All the content on this website and blog is copyright © Rob Lambert, unless specified in the top heading. This website is published by Rob Lambert. Unless mentioned Rob is the author and publisher of Parent Brain
This website is licensed under a Creative Commons License, which allows you to copy and distribute blog posts for educational and personal purposes, as long as you keep it fully intact in its original format, and credit Rob Lambert / Cultivated Management / Parent Brain as the original author and do not use it for commercial purposes.